Call for Trainings
OWASP is soliciting training providers for the AppSecEU conference which will be held in Tel-Aviv 17th - 21st of June 2018.
We are interested in all topics related to Web Application Security and OWASP, in particular, but not limited to (these are just examples):
- Secure development: frameworks, best practices, secure coding, methods, processes, SDLC
- Vulnerability analysis: code review, pentest, static analysis
- Threat modelling
- Mobile security
- Cloud security
- Browser security
- HTML5 security
- OWASP tools or projects in practice
- New technologies, paradigms, tools
- Privacy in web apps, web services (REST, XML) and data storage
- Effects of usability on security
- Operations and software security
- Management topics in application security: business risks, outsourcing/offshoring, awareness programs, project management and/or managing SDLC
Training should be of a practical nature, i.e. we will look favorably on a hands-on training. Also, please refrain from submitting marketing talks or including sales pitches within the training.
Your submission is subject to approval by a small core team of the program committee, chaired by Hemed Gur-Ary.
To submit a proposal, provide an abstract of your intended training (500 to 1000 characters), a brief biography (400 to 1000 characters), an outline, your instructor experience and basic course information for evaluation by the planning committee.
- Deadline for proposals: January 5th, 2018
- Notification to training providers: February 23rd, 2017
- Training: June 17th - 19th
Split of Revenue
Price per attendee: 3-Day Class €2,050 / 2-Day Class €1,400 / 1-Day Class €750, Earnings will be split 60/40 (OWASP/Trainer) for the training class.
All trainers will be required to submit a Training Instructor Agreement.
The following conditions apply for those that want to provide training at the OWASP AppSecEU conference. The training provider:
- Will provide class syllabus / training materials.
- Will cover travel and accommodations for the instructor(s) and all course materials for students.
- Can brand training materials to increase their exposure.
- Will promote training on all available media eg. Twitter, Linkedin
OWASP will provide the venue, marketing, registration logistics and basic wireless internet access. If you need additional technical arrangements, it is important to let us know.
OWASP will reserve up to two training slots at no cost and the trainer may reserve up to one slot at no cost. Please note that for data privacy reasons OWASP can’t provide trainers with contact information of the attendees.
Participants and speakers are all warmly invited to attend the conference dinner on Wednesday.